So NABARD has finally put an end to speculation with the release of cut off marks for Phase 1 (prelims) as well as Phase 2 (Mains) of NABARD Gr A and B examination held in 2017.
The important observations are as under:
- As expected, the sectional cut off for ARD (Agriculture and Rural Development) section in the Phase 1 for Gr A is a mere 1 mark out of 40 marks for unreserved as well as reserved categories!
- For Grade B posts, the sectional cut off for ARD (Agriculture and Rural Development) section in the Phase 1 is a mere 1 mark out of 40 marks for reserved categories and a paltry 2.25 marks out of 40 for unreserved category!
- Sectional cut off for other Phase 1 sections like Reasoning, English, Quant, Computer, GA and ESI is also very low, both for Gr A as well as Gr B. For no section is the individual cut off more than 6.50 marks!
- Overall cut off for Phase 1 (out of 200 marks) for Gr A posts is 109.25 for the unreserved category for the generalist posts.
- For specialist posts (Gr A), the cut off is way below this number and depending on the discipline, it is between 46.75 marks to 89 marks!
- Overall cut off for Phase 1 (out of 200 marks) for Gr B posts is 111.50 for the unreserved category for the generalist posts.
- For specialist post of Agriculture (Gr B), it is 75 marks out of 200 marks.
- Overall cut off for Phase 2 for generalist posts (out of 200 marks) for Gr A posts is 132.50 for the unreserved category i.e. around 66% of the total marks
- Lowest overall cut for Phase 2 is 96.25 marks out of 200 marks for the specialist post of fisheries (Grade A).
- Overall cut off for Phase 2 for generalist posts (out of 300 marks) for Gr B posts is 195.75 for the unreserved category i.e. around 65% of the total marks
The key takeaways from the above data are as under:
- Agriculture section was quite unexpected and a complete shocker for the aspirants in Phase 1 as well as Phase 2. However, as these exams are competitive and relative performance has a vital role to play, the drastic dip in sectional cut off of Agriculture section speaks volumes of smart decision making on the exam day. If the exam is tough, always keep in mind that it is tough for everyone and hence tread carefully, aim for clearing the sectional cut off and avoid negative marking.
- The remaining sections of Phase 1 namely Quant, Reasoning, English, Computer, GA as well as ESI were on the easier side and one could have scored very well in these sections. So maximizing one’s score in the easy sections and dealing with the tough section i.e. agri very carefully should be the strategy to clear Phase 1
- 132.50 is a decent cut off for Phase 2 of Gr A, bear in mind that for Grade A, 50% of the marks i.e. 100 makrs are devoted to English paper as far as Phase 2 is concerned. Never ignore English at the cost of Paper II i.e ESI + ARD
- 195.75 is again a decent cut off for Phase 2 of Gr B, here Paper III i.e. Dev economy, stats and management is the key. This paper was quite easy and had one gone through the concepts in broad fashion, one could have managed to score more than 70 marks in this paper leaving less to fate and chance!
We shall soon be coming out with an in depth analysis video of the marks, cut offs and the strategy one should follow.
All our old students i.e. subscribers of 2017 RBI/NABARD courses are eligible for a flat 30% discount on the NABARD Gr A 2018 course. Kindly reply back to this mail from your registered email id to avail the discount offer.
For any query, call us at 8146207241